If you wish to raise a complaint on behalf of someone else, we will ask you for their consent.
The Customer Services team are best placed to assist you and will make every effort to resolve your complaint at first contact. Where further investigation is required, they will keep you fully informed throughout the investigation process.
If your concerns are not fully addressed and your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may wish to escalate your complaint in one of the following ways:
- By completing a complaints webform through our website here.
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or in writing to:
Tracey Bayliss, Customer Services Manager, Vision Express, Ruddington Fields Business Park, Mere Way, Ruddington, Nottinghamshire, NG11 6NZ.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is when someone expresses dissatisfaction and provides evidence of:
- A deficient service received from us,
- An action we have taken, or a failure to take action, when made aware, which has had a negative impact on the customer.
The complaint can also be about any person or organisation acting on behalf of Vision Express.
To be dealt with under the complaints procedure, your complaint must be about something that has happened or has come to your attention within the last twelve months.
There are some instances when we will not be able to deal with your issue via the complaints process. These are:
- If your complaint relates to a legal matter which is already being dealt with by a solicitor.
- If the complaint is in regard to any agent acting on behalf of Vision Express, customers may be advised to proceed through the agent’s complaint handling process first before we will consider the matter.
What happens next?
We promise to contact you within two working days (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) to acknowledge your complaint. The Customer Services team will work to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
Our Customer Services team will work with you to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
If you are unhappy with how your complaint has been resolved, you can ask for the complaint to be escalated. We would ask that you demonstrate that your complaint has not been dealt with fairly or satisfactorily. Your complaint will be investigated by a senior member of the Customer Services team and you will receive a personal response from them.
For fitness to practice or illegal practice in the optical sector:
CORU regulate the individual professionals with the optical profession within the UK. They have four core functions:
- Setting standards for optical education and training, performance and conduct.
- Approving qualifications leading to registration.
- Maintaining a register of individuals who are qualified and fit to practise, train or carry-on business as optometrists and dispensing opticians.
- Investigating and acting where registrants’ fitness to practise, train or carry on business is impaired.
CORU can also be contacted via:
Telephone: 01 293 3160
Learning from complaints:
At Vision Express we consider customer complaints to be a fantastic opportunity to learn about what or how we can improve our service. We therefore want to learn from every complaint, in order to do this, we monitor every complaint with the aim to implement working practices to prevent similar incidents happening again.
What we ask of you:
If a complaint is pursued unreasonably or where a customer’s actions or behaviours are deemed to be unreasonable, we reserve the right to close the complaint. You will be informed the reasons for our decision. We further reserve the right to deal with a complaint differently than is outlined in our complaints policy, if deemed necessary. Evidence and reasoning will be provided should we follow this route. Additionally, a complaint will not be reopened unless new evidence has been provided that was not available or presented when the complaint was first heard. Our staff are entitled to work in a safe environment; they should be able to undertake their duties without facing threatening behaviour or offensive language.