How to put in contact lenses
Although your optician will show you how to insert, and remove your contact lenses during initial assessment, here's a handy reminder of what to do if you're still unsure. If you have monthly contact lenses, there's also a guide on how best to look after them.
- Wash and thoroughly dry your hands before handling your contact lenses.
- Take out one lens at a time and place on the tip of your index finger.
- Check the lens is the right way round.
- With the index finger of your other hand, pull up your upper eyelid.
- Slowly and gently apply the lens over the coloured part of your eye.
- Blink gently to ensure the lens is in the right place.
- Repeat the process with your other eye.