NHS vouchers and eye tests
Helping you make the most of your NHS voucher
The Vision Express NHS Add offer opens up more options and adds extra value to your optical voucher.
Choose from our £39 range of stylish glasses, complete with single-vision lenses, and there will be no charge at all. We've a wider choice of styles than many of our competitors, including metal frames, and can offer lens options not available anywhere else.
Or you could choose to upgrade and receive generous discounts on glasses in our higher-priced ranges. For instance, glasses from our £59 selection will cost just £10 with an NHS optical voucher, while you'll pay only £35 for glasses from our £99 range. You can find details of all our discounts and offers in store.
Do you qualify for a free NHS Eye Test and voucher?
Check to the categories below to see if you are entitled to a free NHS-funded eye test and optical vouchers.
Free eye tests
- The traditional NHS sight test has been replaced by a comprehensive eye test.
- The new NHS eye test is not just an eye test for spectacles but an eye health assessment.
- The new test is free to all patients, in accordance with NHS terms and conditions.
- Eligible patients are entitled to a free NHS eye test every two years. (More frequent tests may be required should your optometrist find it necessary).
You qualify for an optical voucher which provides financial help towards the cost of your spectacles or contact lenses if you are:
- Aged under 16
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 in full time education
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher. (Your optician will advise on your entitlement).
- Claiming benefit - this includes Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Related Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Pension Credit Guarantee Credit or receiving Tax Credit and is named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate or Universal Credit and meeting qualifying conditions.
- On a contribution based employment support allowance and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate.
- Customers with a valid NHS optical voucher are entitled to additional discount on glasses and lenses.
- Entitlement is subject to NHS optical voucher value (A-H). Our in-store teams will be happy to explain what additional discounts we offer.
- NHS optical vouchers cannot be exchanged in whole or part for cash. Lens add-ons are charged at full retail price. For all glasses £185 or above, a valid NHS optical voucher holder is entitled to £75 off any single pair of glasses including single vision lenses.
- Thin and Light 25 lenses included with valid NHS optical voucher B-D.
- Varifocal Essential lenses are included with optical voucher E.
- Varifocal Essential or Bifocal lenses with Thin and Light 25 included with a valid NHS optical voucher F-H.
- Reglaze is free with a valid NHS optical voucher (A-H).
- NHS Add offer is not valid on children’s ranges and contact lenses.
- NHS Add offer is not valid with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- NHS Add offer may be withdrawn at any time. Not valid in Republic of Ireland and Jersey.
- Subject to availability.
For further information on whether you qualify for a free eye test, please visit the NHS Website.