See near, far and in-between with our great range of varifocal lenses
The choice of most varifocal wearers offering the widest field of view and natural to use£180
Easier to adapt to and a wider field of vision£130
Good clarity of vision and fits a wider range of frames£75
Prices quoted are for 1.5 hard coated lenses, all other lens upgrades apply.
You can also choose to have your new varifocals tailor made with bespoke measurements using our best varifocals for the widest fields of view, the most natural vision and the easiest lens to use.
Eyes change throughout our lives, gradually losing the ability to focus on close objects. During our mid-forties, the lenses in our eyes become stiffer, and the muscles that control them change - which eventually causes blurred vision. This is called Presbyopia, and it happens to all of us. You'll probably find yourself holding books, newspapers or product labels further away, or needing more light in order to read clearly.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of Presbyopia, there are three lens options:
- Reading: good for near vision only. If you look up at a computer screen or across a room, your vision will blur while wearing glasses.
- Bifocal: an older option wherein the lens is divided into two distinct sections for near and distance, but provides no correction for mid distance.
- Varifocal: : ideal for all distances, as the lens corrects near, distance and in-between vision.
We recommend varifocal lenses for:
- The convenience of having natural vision at all distances in one pair of glasses.
- Great cosmetic appearance with no visible line on the lens, unlike bifocal lenses.
Don't worry if you've never tried varifocal lenses before. Our trained Optical Advisors are at hand to give you expert advice on which lenses to choose and how to get the most from them. As a final reassurance, if at any time within 90 days you are not comfortable with your new varifocal lenses, we will exchange them to the same value for more suitable lenses – click here for specific terms.
Even varifocal lenses cannot offer 100% clear vision - there will be areas of the lenses through which you will see softer focus. The lenses you choose can determine the amount of soft-focus area you experience. A tailor-made lens will enable you to minimise this effect - for more information visit our Variview Individual section to see the benefits of a customised lens